Monsoon ride - Day 6 - Sringeri to Home.

12:32 AM

I opened my eyes and looked outside the windows. It was pouring. I made up my mind for a rainy day. Anyways this was the last day  of the Monsoon ride. I packed up and left from Sringeri towards Agumbe. I love this place, Agumbe. The rain followed me till Agumbe.

Agumbe, the Chirapunji of southern India never disappoints. One restaurant had just opened. I guess I was the first customer of the day for him. Aakashvaani was playing in the background. I just love the narration in Vividh Bharti. It so peaceful.. I ordered buns and the tea, took out my jacket and sat outside on veranda. He got me a chair. The Malgudi house was just 2 houses ahead. I sipped tea remembering the golden Malgudi Days. The freshly prepared buns were exquisite. The Malgudi town was covered in mist and was splendid.  I could rarely take out my camera today as the rain didn't want me to do that. So, most of the pictures I will be sharing today are from my Nexus.



The pristine town of Agumbe

Malgudi house




The ride from here till Jog falls was entirely covered in rain. This was the real monsoon. I could not stop anywhere and rode directly to Jog falls.

Jog falls was a bliss to the eyes. The dense fog gave fractions of minute to take a picture of the falls before it covered it again.

Jog falls
That's me at Jog falls
On the way to Jog falls




Falcon at a tea shop

It rained like it never rained before. I couldn't stay longer. It was irritating being wet with a rain gear and riding gear. I rode back to Shimoga for lunch. The rain followed me. From Shimoga I took the diversion towards Chitradurga. That was the mistake. This road was under construction and I encountered heavy rain all the way till Chitradurga and beyond. No pictures of this route hence.

Back home safe




Day 6 Ride:  Sringeri -> Agumbe -> Jog falls -> Shimoga -> Bangalore


Route Map:



National Parks covered: Someshwara WS, Sharavathi valley WS, Shettihalli WS
Waterfalls covered: Jog falls
Total distance traveled: 578 kms


Ramnath's happiness index: 7/10.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Twitter

Like me on Facebook

Follow me on Flickr

Slow shutter speed.
Follow me on Instagram